The next Newsletter – September 2021 is out
See new biographies!
Visiting Program 2019
In June a group of former citizens of Frankfurt and their descendants were invited to the city of Frankfurt, the former home of their parents or grandparents. The invitation of the city gave them the opportunity to see the sites of the grandparents`childhood and youth, visit their houses, the area they lived in, the graves of relatives and former schools. Reports and Pictures
Frank Felsenstein writes in The Times of Israel about his visit to Frankfurt.
Booklaunch: Rettet wenigstens die Kinder
The project has collected several biographies of former visitors who were saved by the Kindertransport. 20 of these biographies have now been published in a book: More information and reviews here
On the History of the Project
Jewish Life in Frankfurt see the new rex_article_content at About us
Projekt Jüdisches Leben in Frankfurt am Main – Spurensuche, Begegnung, Erinnerung e.V.
Are you interested in contributing to our activities?
Would you like to join us as a member?
Would you like to sponsor the project?
- As a teacher you could invite guests of the city’s program to your school to meet your students
- You could accompany the visitors to their family roots in Germany
- You could help us transcribing or translating biographies
- You can become a member – here is the application form: Application Form
And of course, any donation would be very welcome:
Projekt Jüdisches Leben in Frankfurt am Main
IBAN: DE32 5019 0000 7100 5862 79
If you are one of the former Frankfurter citizens of Jewish descent or related to one of them, if you have any questions or if you want to make a contribution to the remembrance of the former Jewish life in Frankfurt, please contact us. We are looking forward to hear from you. Here you find our questionnaire:
- Questionnaire 1st Generation in English and German
- Questionnaire 2nd Generation in English
- Possible Topics for School Talks and Interviews
- Background Questions for Further Research – Second Generation
We’d be pleased to hear from you. Contact